Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Opulent Blue ATS 2.0T AWD premium
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The driving mode settings (touring, sport , snow) is the setting suppose to reset to touring every time the car is
restarted? The 2 snows ago I set it to snow mode and it stayed that way until I reset it. This snow it resets every
time I get into car. just wondering

·
Registered
ATS_V _vector Blue Sedan
329 Posts
If you have a 14 and up vehicle it will remain on the last selection. 13 and down it defaults to touring.

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Premium AWD Build 7/22/18 / 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build 12/21/2012
1,622 Posts
Even in Snow mode? I thought on the 14 and newer only sport mode would stick if you had it selected?

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD 6MT
637 Posts
nyinstaller is right, my 14 will stay in sport mode until I change it. pretty cool but it's weird that the 13s won't do it, I guess it's a software issue?

·
Registered
147 Posts
nyinstaller said:
If you have a 14 and up vehicle it will remain on the last selection. 13 and down it defaults to touring.
This is partially true. SPORT and TOUR will remain in the previously selected mode, but SNOW must be manually engaged each time you start the car. It defaults back to TOUR.

·
Registered
14 ATS 2.0/11 Camaro SS
200 Posts
My co-worker has a 13 and Ive been it in many times, she always has it in Sport, so it stays on that setting all the time even when first started.

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Premium AWD Build 7/22/18 / 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build 12/21/2012
1,622 Posts
My co-worker has a 13 and Ive been it in many times, she always has it in Sport, so it stays on that setting all the time even when first started.
Than she had her instrument cluster updated with a 14 load. You can tell if the TPMS display has the car north/south where the 13 shows it east/west.

·
Registered
14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Son of a Gun Grey Metallic
3,074 Posts
My question is, why would you use Snow mode? FWD bias for the loss. :yawn:

Even Touring mode, StabiliTrack is pretty interuptive. At least in Sport, StabiliTrack will let you hang the rear end out for a time. :sneaky::burn:

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel
2,668 Posts
Snow mode is pretty useful in the snow, it starts in second gear and has slower throttle progression. I have no idea why the designer thought it was a good idea not to let it stick in snow mode when it was shut down in that mode. It caught me by surprise once since I was compensating for the really slow throttle progression in snow mode and after stopping while running errands I caused the rear end to step out a bit during a left turn from a 4 way stop since it had switched back to touring mode. No harm done but having it default back to tour from snow wasn't a good decision.

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,513 Posts
In my 13 it defaults always back to touring. I wish it would just stay in sport all the time. Just not when it snows. I can tell the snow mode when it is activated and works well for me. Just dump some more snow on us because we haven't had enough this year:thehand:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts