Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Escalade, 2005 EscaladeESV
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regarding the AWD Escalades:

1) During what model year was four channel stability control introduced?
{Previously two channel}

2) During what model year, if at all, were magnetorheological dampers {shock absorbers is a misnomer} introduced?

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
The 1999-2006 Escalade was never available with Magneride. The new body Escalade Platinum is supposed to be the first Escalade to offer this option.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 1999-2006 Escalade was never available with Magneride. The new body Escalade Platinum is supposed to be the first Escalade to offer this option.
Thanks!

Any detail oriented folks out there know when the StabiliTrak went to four channel?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think 2003.
Thanks Silver04! I was fairly confident my ESV05 has the four channel, but was uncertain precisely what year the change was made. Incidentally, my 05ESV is silver {I don't recall the Marketingese name} as well.

My wife is now the primary driver of what was my White02 and two of the "major pluses" for the 05 are 1)Four channel Stabilitrak and 2)Wheel arches that are part of the fenders rather than add on plastic pieces. As a fanatic detailer the lack of a seam between the fender and the flare just makes the anal retentive control freak in me happier. :yup:

But the one item 'decontented' after 02 that I really miss is the flat storage tray in the lid of the center arm rest ~ storage bin. As a network engineer {now retired/unemployed} my PDA was with me constantly and the port down to the power outlet in the storage bin made it a perfect solution, along with the non slide rubber that kept the fairly heavy HP iPaq PDA secure.

I'd never trade the four channel Stabilitrak for that storage bin, but miss the latter nonetheless. Last I heard it discussed, the only aesthetically pleasing option for those like me who are not fiberglass, leather, sewing Masters was on the far side of $600 - $700 to replace the whole center 'thingamajig' {sorry for the high tech jargon :cookoo:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts