1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Seville SLS
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
RECENT PROBLEM......the other day I lowered my driver side window all
the way down and it would not go back up...
I pushed and rocked the window switch but "no dice" it stayed buried in the door.Out of curiosity I put my finger in the door thru the rubber and could feel the top of the window,so I pushed and jiggled it a bit and tried the rocker switch again and it magically came back up.
This happened again yesterday as I lowered the window all the way down,
then it wouldnt come back up again..so I did the same thing....put my hand inside the door and pushed and wiggled the top of the glass window while
activating the window rocker switch and sure enough the window came up and closed.
Any Ideas???? seems that maybe there is a sensor issue in the door or
something loose in the window track???

Thanks in advance for the help and
have a great summer
Pauli

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
If the lower limit on the window track is adjusted too far down, the glass will bind on the regulator. Have someone adjust the "down stop" on the regulator. that keeps the glass from going down so far so as to bind.

·
Registered
Cadillac Seville SLS 1996
41 Posts
My guess: old and faulty power window switch (only affects drivers side because of the express down function). Check your VIN with regard to the VIN-Breakpoints in the attached Service Bulletin. Lower your window without the express down function (don't fully depress the button) or quickly upper the window a bit after it has been lowered. If this works, it's probably the switch. In my case, the switch killed the power window motor after some time since it overheats the motor.

Replace the switch with the new model (part no. 25668564, for 96/97 Seville)

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts