Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1998 STS, 1997 Deville Concours
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Bumper
I am in the process of filling the STS with all the necessary fluids after the engine was rebuilt, before putting in the Amsoil Tranny fluid I want to make sure there are no potential leaks. I can not remember if the transmission coolant line had a rubber o ring seal around the end where it goes in to the radiator on the drivers side upper corner, it has a plastic connector ring of some sort that has a spring clip the goes around the plastic clip notched grooves and has one 10mm bolt securing the line right past the bend in the line, it screws into the metal front section against radiator I believe.
Anyway just want to know if anyone knows if there should be an o ring on the end of it before it gets pushed in through the quick connect and into the radiator, I would hate to lose any transmission fluid, especially Amsoil. Here is an image of the line in question.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This help any?

View attachment 606321
Yep, thanks Ranger, your always helpful ! It looks like #9 to me is supposed to be a gasket, round type or flat type, now I just need to try and find a part number some how. Thank you so much!!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After looking at the exploded view on the website from the link you provided, it looks like #9 is the coolant line retaining metal clip, which I also need and the small plastic round piece that this clip attaches together with, I need them both, looks like they would come on a new line. I hate to throw away a perfectly good coolant line because of a broke plastic clip, metal clip and gasket if it even has one, so far I can not tell if there is a gasket that slides over the end of the line and would seal against the radiator inlet hole. I might just buy a new line since i need the retaining clip, the plastic connector and the gasket if there is one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts