Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Escalade Premium Luxury
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1994 Concours...Can someone help? The power window on the drivers side started acting up. opens about 1/4 inch, then I hear a click in the door just under the switches as I hold the switch in the open position. Wait a few seconds, and it sill won;t go down, or goes down very little, then clicks again. won't go down, but it will go back up that inch or so.

The click sounds soft and electical, like a relay maybe? What's involved with the repair? How do I get the door panel off, do I need special tools? Lastly, how can I be sure it is or is not the motor?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
2018 Escalade Premium Luxury
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK...the problem seemed to fix itself this morning...
Smart car technology or just a temporary glitch? The only thing I can think of is we got tons of rain this week in the northeast, maybe something got wet? Or is it just a sign of something going bad in the door?

·
Registered
'99 De Ville, '05 CTS-V
535 Posts
quantum said:
OK...the problem seemed to fix itself this morning...
Smart car technology or just a temporary glitch? The only thing I can think of is we got tons of rain this week in the northeast, maybe something got wet? Or is it just a sign of something going bad in the door?
Ya know, I have a '99 DeVille which on two occasions the driver's side window failed to go down. The time period between the two episodes was about a year and a half. On both occasions, there had been a lot of water involved; the first time a big pile of snow fell on the armrest (switch), and the second time a lot of rain from Hurricane Katrina poured onto the same armrest. Both times the switch failed for several days, then started to work flawlesssly again as it has to this day! Must be a moisture problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts