Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Brougham D'Elegance
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've revisited a long-running problem that's been occurring in my 01' Deville. My Driver's Side Seat doesn't respond to any of the power seat controls. I went through the alldata troubleshooting process. The circuit breaker tests good, the passenger seat works, there's voltage at the harness in the rear of the seat. The kicker is that the seats started to move when I used the memory controls! Driver 1 -> Exit -> Driver 2

I have the pinouts for the seat control switch module. I found the orange bat + wire but I didn't get any voltage on it. There is supposed to be a black ground wire on pin 'L' , which isn't there. Not only is it not there in the harness, i can't find it anywhere back in the splice. I went ahead and wired my own ground to the battery and put my multimeter across the battery ground and the orange wire for the seat control module and I still got nothing. Plugged it into the module like that just to be sure and sure enough nothing.

Any Idea of what could be causing this?

Attachments

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Wiring diagrams can be wrong don't go 100% by them.
I say jump the wire at the switch and see if it moves. If so switch is bad, I bet the memory stuff bypasses the switch is why it works that way.

·
Registered
1987 Brougham D'Elegance
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only thing is I don't see how that would work as A) The hot wire isn't live and B) I don't see a ground.

·
Registered
1987 Brougham D'Elegance
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wiring diagrams can be wrong don't go 100% by them.
I say jump the wire at the switch and see if it moves. If so switch is bad, I bet the memory stuff bypasses the switch is why it works that way.

Jumped the orange wire to each of the other wires, still nothing.:hmm:

·
Registered
1987 Brougham D'Elegance
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really grasping at straws here... I mean the only thing I can think to do is to start cutting open all the splices and wire bundles and trace the wires all the way back. Is there a better way?

Somehow from the harness at the back of the seat where the whole seat gets power from the fusebox, it's not making it to the harness that connects to the seat controls. Does that have to do with one of those black boxes underneath the seats?

·
Registered
1995 base Deville
35 Posts
before tearing thru the harness looking for a problem with the power wire i'd run a length of wire tapped into the fuse box or to the battery and try jumping with it to see if it moves with a known hot power source

·
Registered
1987 Brougham D'Elegance
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ran a wire tapped from bat + under the backseat and each one of the functions activates when I short bat+ to each terminal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts