Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac Eldorado
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last couple of days i noticed that a would always have to adjust my drivers side mirror ... upon inspection i noticed its very loose and feels like its about to fall off..... seems like its only attached by a top screw .... so i popped out the little housing on the inside of the car to get to the 3 bolts ... but the bolts are snug .... its loose where the i think its a black weather strip is .... now is this something i can take apart and fix? or am i going to have to superglue this lol .... thanks for the help

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
If your mirror glass adjusting mechanism is the same as mine, it sounds like the plastic drive coupling for your tilt motors is broken or has come apart.

I would try this; be sure the glass is centered in the housing and use thumb pressure in the middle of the glass about 2" outboard of center. And then again about 2" down from center. Those are the locations of the snap-in motor couplings.

Don't be afraid to give it a good smack with the heel of your hand if thumb pressure does not work.

If you have busted plastic pieces inside the housing, start looking on eBay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts