Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Seville SLS
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 SLS. I was working on polishing more of the car today, when I realized that my driver side outside mirror was really loose, and would rock up down considerably.

When I had the mirror turned in (mirror facing driver window), I saw a bolt/screw head, 5 point star shaped. I tightened it a little until I couldn't anymore, to no avail. Somewhere is something that tightens the "back plate," and I'm sure I could figure it out if I sat there messing around with it, but as that it is not too time efficient, I am just wondering if anyone has experience with this. Help would be appreciated

·
Registered
2000 STS, W/Nav
562 Posts
im not positive but i think that there may be a screw on the inside of the door but dont rip it off cause im not 100% sure

·
Registered
2000 Seville SLS
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, disregard my above post. My car was supposed to be in the body shop today through tomorrow, but when I drove down there today at 7am the **** goes "Uh, yeah, uhm, I tried to remember to call you, but forgot, but uhm, yeah, I've been training somebody this week so we're a little behind, uhm, can you reschedule for next week?" I better get a good damn discount now, is all I can say.

Back to the point: Since my car was here all day, I decided to just figure it out... Entire interior door panel had to come off, pull the plastic trim from around window and there's three different things holding the mirror to the body - a screw for a flat-headed screwdriver, and two different size nuts... the screw had completely fallen out and was in the door panel, the other two things were really loose so I cranked on them a little too. It's now tight as can be and I must have put the panel back together better than the guy who did it before me because a lot of the rattles from inside it are now gone :worship:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts