Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Deville
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question... 05 DeVille with the turn signal LED mirrors on the driver side are not burnt out, but some of them are rather dim unluss it is dark out and there are no annoying HID headlights behind me. Does the mirror glass contain the LEDs or do they sit behind the mirror? Any if it is the mirror glass, how hard of a task is it to change the glass out?

·
Registered
2011 CTS4 Premium, Saturn Vue XR
493 Posts
As far as I know the LED's are contained inside the glass, I had the bottom two lights burned out...replace the glass. Its not hard at all there is an instruction thread on how to pop the glass out and remove and replace. Do a search. Ranger gave me the thread month's ago. Hope this helps?

·
Registered
2005 Deville
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have done some thread searching and can't seem to find what I am looking for. Can someone point me in the right direction for detailed instructions on replacing the mirror glass in my 2005 Deville. Also before I do that and spend the $ on the mirror glass, I would like to take the door apart and inspect the wiring leading to the mirror. Someone suggested maybe there was loose wiring or something else going on in there. I would like to check before I drop 3 hundred on replacement glass. It seems that sometimes the LEDs in the mirror are on then sometimes not, and even they seem to flicker which is leading me to a wiring issue and not burnt out LEDs. What I am specifically looking for is A) instructions to correctly take the door apart and get to the wiring without really messing something up (I don't want rattles when I put it back together) and B) if it is the glass, I would like instructions on how to remove and replace the glass (I hear it can be easily messed up if you don't do it right). Any help would be wonderful, thank you in advance. 2005 Deville with memory, heat, tinting, and LED signals.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,115 Posts
To remove the glass just turn it all the way out and grab the inner edge and pry. It is held in place by 4 ball & sockets and will pop out. When you press it back in place use a piece of wood that will press evenly on the outer edges and not the glass.

If the '05 is like the '03, rather than explain it again, I think there is a tutorial (maybe with pics) in the Tech Tips section on repairing the window motor and should have the explanation I believe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts