Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Seville STS
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99STS

I have only had the car a few months... the fans have never blown as hard as they should, you can hear the fan go fast when turn it all the way up, but it is not blowing as hard as it should.. .every now and then it will start blowing hard like it should for a few minutes then soft again for weeks.

Well now I have a new problem the passenger side vents are nice and cold, but the drivers side is blowing hot even though both sides turned down to 60.

Common issue?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,041 Posts
The system is a 2-zone setup. The most frequent cause of temp differences is low freon charge. The second is a malfunctioning air mix/diverter door.

Pull your DTC's to see if there are any HVAC system codes set in your OnBoard Diagnostic system. Sticky thread at the top of this main page. You want OBD-II (obd2 in the URL)

·
Registered
2000 STS
9 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2000 STS. Dealer found that the solenoid that operates the drivers hot/cold air door quit. It's located under the golve box.

·
Registered
2000 Deville, 1999 STS
115 Posts
Good to hear. I had the same problem. I checked the forums and the helpful people here said it's probably low freon as Ranger has already mentioned above.

I added some freon and well... that was it!

Good luck!

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT
85 Posts
I was having this problem this morning with my 05 EXT driver side air was HOT and pass. was ice cold. After reading for about an hour I attempted to see if I could fix it myself. I started the truck and no hot air, it was all cold again. Anyone had this problem and it is going to keep going from hot to cold at random?

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,552 Posts
I was having this problem this morning with my 05 EXT driver side air was HOT and pass. was ice cold. After reading for about an hour I attempted to see if I could fix it myself. I started the truck and no hot air, it was all cold again. Anyone had this problem and it is going to keep going from hot to cold at random?
If it was a low refrigerant problem, the drivers side would be warm, not hot and it would not correct itself. This is an air mix door actuator that is acting up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts