Power Lumbar - Driver

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Convertible, 05 CTS-V
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, thanks a million!
Was able to source problem once I had these....

·
Registered
none
2 Posts
Hi everyone! I am new here. I am putting a set of CTS seats in my 1953 International truck and was wondering if you also had diagrams for the plug itself so I know how to wire these for my new application.

THanks

·
Registered
CTS
1 Posts
Hi I am putting the same seat in a 49 chevy truck and have a 60 internatioinal also.... Lets keep in touch as we may be able to help each other. I am getting ready to pick up mine now... Charlie

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 08 Light Platinum SRX V8, 05 White Diamond STS4 V8 1SG
2,105 Posts
Geez, it's ALMOST as if junkyards are littered with Vs....

·
Registered
None
1 Posts
Have you guys wired and installed your seats? I have a set that I am putting a pair in a 38 Ford Coupe Street Rod. I can get the passenger one to work by just using the large orange and black wire but the drivers side wont operate. My guess is there may be something with the memory function that is keeping it from working.

Thanks,

·
Registered
None
1 Posts
Hi I am also installing Cadillac seats in a Hot Rod, 1941 Ford Coupe. Did any one figure out the wiring so they can be used?
Thanks,
Dave T

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello
I don't know if You still need help but I found this and it helped:

The passenger seat is a conventional power seat with conventional relays and wiring. Wire up +12V and a ground and you're good to go. But the driver's seat uses solid-state relays and is connected to the car's main computer. As a result, many people believe that the seat won't work unless it's installed in a Catera and hooked up to the car's main computer. They are wrong.

All you lose by not being connected to the Catera's main computer is the three memorized positions that the main computer can store. Still, many people could not get the seats to work. The secret is all in the wiring, but the solution is hidden in the Troubleshooting section of the Cadillac service manual.

First, there are three +12V connections: two thicker wires and a thin wire. The thicker red ones (#1 & #3 in the service manual) are connected to an always-powered source. The thinner red one (#4) is connected to an accessory-powered source. The brown wires (#2 and #5) are the grounds. The data control wire is #6 and is not used. The secret wire is #7, a thin grey wire. In the Catera, this is connected to the door switch that controls the courtesy lights. When this wire is not grounded (when the door is open), the seats will not move. I just grounded it permanently; it seems the GM engineers did not want you to move the seat with the doors open. It's also important to wire #4 to a circuit that is hot only when the engine is running or it will drain the battery. That's all there is to it.

There are only two drawbacks to these seats. First, the Catera was four-door car, so these seats will not fold forward. If you used them in a two-door car, you won't have access to the rear seats. Second, they are wide, so without some modification to the seat cushion and re-covering, they are not useable in most 30's-vintage cars.

But if they fit (or can be made to fit), you will have some sweet, comfortable Recaro 6-way power seats for your ride.

·
Registered
catera
1 Posts
mine has a big reg wire that goes to the flat spade and a black that goes to a flat plug, and 6 round pins. Does not sound like wiring above, I tried hooking the red to 12+ black to ground and a little grey to ground and the little red to 12+. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
2001 CTS
1 Posts
I put the two front seats from a 2001 Cadillac into my '86 Ford F150. Getting the seats to move was the easy part. I connected the large orange and two smaller orange wires to 12v + and the large black wire to 12v - and they both work fine, except for the memory, which I don't care.
The problem I'm having is getting the butt heaters to work. Can anyone help me with that? I also have the door switches from the Caddy for that if that helps. It seems to be causing more problems than not since none of the wire colors match.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
I put the two front seats from a 2001 Cadillac into my '86 Ford F150. Getting the seats to move was the easy part. I connected the large orange and two smaller orange wires to 12v + and the large black wire to 12v - and they both work fine, except for the memory, which I don't care.
The problem I'm having is getting the butt heaters to work. Can anyone help me with that? I also have the door switches from the Caddy for that if that helps. It seems to be causing more problems than not since none of the wire colors match.
See attached. I do not know how much of this applies to a 2001 Cadillac seat.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts