Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
ATS
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, has anyone able to get a dealer to give them a new seat? Since the '15 has the leather start up higher on the seat ( not sure about the '14 ), GM obviously knows it was an issue, has anyone had a new seat replace theirs on a '13? Tired of everything squeaking in this ****ing car, most annoying piece of shit to drive.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Mine rubs when Im forced to lean to ths left while making a sharp left turn or fast left curve on the highway. SA at dealer said they'll replace it if and when the leather wears. That way they'll realign during install.

·
Registered
ATS
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahaha what a joke it will wear out when the warranty is out and then you'll have to pay if you want it replaced. They offered to put some felt tape on mine, yet they don't even have the same color felt as the seat.......

Mine rubs when Im forced to lean to ths left while making a sharp left turn or fast left curve on the highway. SA at dealer said they'll replace it if and when the leather wears. That way they'll realign during install.

·
Registered
2014 luxury XTS;2016 luxury CTS
121 Posts
I have a 13 ATS Performance. The drivers seat had to be removed for one of the recalls. The center console was also removed for another recall.

In both cases, there is a small amount of "wiggle room" when either is remounted. If the right hand side of the drivers seat is coming in contact with the left hand portion of the center console arm rest, then ask the dealer to realign one of them so there is no contact.

I believe if you look at the passenger seat, you will find the spacing from the armrest to be wider than its counterpart on the drivers side.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T Performance AWD
77 Posts
I have this armrest rubbing noise problem on my 13 performance, along with more significant seat creaking, spring like sounds from both front seats, and a shifting seat cushion in the driver's seat.

So far I have not been successful in getting the seats replaced either, even though there are multiple quality problems that have not been resolved by my dealer despite multiple attempts. Hard to understand how these poor seats got through quality control, and super frustrating that so far Cadillac doesn't seem to be bothered by the poor perception this gives when I have passengers in the car, not to mention the drivers long term satisfaction. These problems annoy me with each car ride, particularly the shifting cushion under my rear end.

Like stated above in another response, you may get some relief for the armrest rubbing problem by having the armrest assembly shimmed and adjusted to better align and position it between the two front seats. The idea is to make the gap even between both seats and the armrest. I had this done and it helped significantly, albeit not completely solving the noise problem from that particular failure mode.

·
Registered
2014 luxury XTS;2016 luxury CTS
121 Posts
Jpats,

My car had the shifting lower seat cushion problem as well. A TSB for the problem was issued. My dealer applied the solution and the problem was solved.

C

·
0 Posts
Mine is actually pressed against the center console but it does not squeak in my seating position.
I was told if I really wanted to press the issue I could get a 15 model year upper seat cover but it still does not fix the fact that the upper seat will still be pressed against the center console in my seating position.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T Performance AWD
77 Posts
thegabbycat said:
Jpats, My car had the shifting lower seat cushion problem as well. A TSB for the problem was issued. My dealer applied the solution and the problem was solved.
Thanks. My dealer has told me they've applied that fix, but the cushion still moves. (I haven't pulled the seat to check if it was actually completed.) At this point the story has been, there is nothing else they can do.

12,778 Posts
Hi JP-ATS,
I am sorry that you are experiencing concerns with the seats in your Cadillac ATS. I understand the inconvenience that this has caused you, and would like to look into your situation more on our end. I see that you have visited the dealership before to address this concern but if you could please send us a private message with your current mileage and a confirmation of your phone number, we can then assist you further.

Best,

Alex H.
Cadillac Customer Care

1 - 10 of 10 Posts