Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
none
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a used 2005 ESV platinum and when the drivers side heated seat is put on the seat does not that get hot but you can hear a clicking sound from the seat bottom area. Any idea what that is and could if be the reason the seat is not working?

Thank you for the help...

Chris

·
Registered
none
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it appears there is a black box on the console side of the seat with a motorola label on it and the clicking is coming from within that box... any ideas what this does and could it be the reason the seat heater is not working?

·
Registered
none
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I feel stupid posting this but.... I thought it was the control module under the seat, so I bought on and replaced it and it did not fix it... I was not aware the each seat has its own fuse because it was not in the owners manual. After buy the service manual and looking at the wiring diagrams, I found there was a 20A fuse that supplied power to that control module. Long story short, my problem ended up being a blown fuse. If you look below the steering wheel on the right side, next to the console, you will see a four fuses in a block. Check those and I am betting you have one that is blown. Let me know what you find....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I feel stupid posting this but.... I thought it was the control module under the seat, so I bought on and replaced it and it did not fix it... I was not aware the each seat has its own fuse because it was not in the owners manual. After buy the service manual and looking at the wiring diagrams, I found there was a 20A fuse that supplied power to that control module. Long story short, my problem ended up being a blown fuse. If you look below the steering wheel on the right side, next to the console, you will see a four fuses in a block. Check those and I am betting you have one that is blown. Let me know what you find....
Nice! Nothing to feel stupid about. This solved my problem 11 years later! Thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts