Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,307 Posts
"as good" as in it was a 'good' repair idea/method. People (most) here try to help each other out with ideas/solutions that help save money. I don't know if it's just me or the way you express yourself, but it comes off as rather snarky. NO one said your decision was not the right one. Likewise it is not for anyone else to say that NSRX was not the right decision. Over and out.

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6L DI rebuilt to FE3 J55 G80 3.42:1
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
"as good" as in it was a 'good' repair idea/method. People (most) here try to help each other out with ideas/solutions that help save money. I don't know if it's just me or the way you express yourself, but it comes off as rather snarky. NO one said your decision was not the right one. Likewise it is not for anyone else to say that NSRX was not the right decision. Over and out.
Yeah, I re-read what I wrote, don't see it. If the plastic tab can't bear the weight and vibration the epoxy won't either, although it will for a while.

I provided a clear description of the design flaw and how GM revised the part to address it.

·
Registered
2009 CTS4 Premium & 2012 SRX4 Luxury
641 Posts
I received the new seat back cover and installed it. Not surprisingly, the design has been changed. The molded glass-reinforced plastic now has the crossbar hooks at the top facing downwards, so the cover is installed by hooking the top, then pulling down. The old style had you push the molded plastic hooks up into the crossbar at the top of the seat back. This left the plastic tabs and metal clips supporting all the weight of the cover.
Thanks for the info on the design change! Will make the decision to spend money on a new seat back a little easier to swallow knowing that the same problem won't likely reoccur.

Is there an updated part number for the new seat back? Or does GM use the same part number as the old?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
My guess is the part number suffix changed, that is how they keep track of production changes. I don't know the old part number so can't say for sure. If you look up and buy the part they're only going to sell the revised part, they don't keep making the old one.

·
Registered
2009 CTS4 Premium & 2012 SRX4 Luxury
641 Posts
Just looking for confirmation that what you ordered was 25939330 or whether a different part number follows the design change. If the same part number was reused it will make distinguishing old from new design parts that may be new/old stock sitting around on wholesale shelves difficult to determine.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Seat Back Panel 25939325 1 $206.98

For the driver's side, black leather interior. Although of course this part is black vinyl.

·
Registered
2008 SRX4 & 2010 CTS4 sedan / Non-Cadillacs: 2018 Audi Q5, 2012 Chev Cruze LT
564 Posts
While I agree each to their own, 2 out of 4 plastic retaining tabs were completely broken off. I have every confidence in my decision of the appropriate repair path, especially given the remedy of an obvious design flaw. I don't think you can say an epoxy patch is "as good", when the new part solves the load-bearing design issue. To be clear, his patch has lasted a year. His car is salt-rotted and he may not keep it. I am not in the same short-term situation. Of course I only wish him the best of luck.
My CTS is fine and has many years left on it. You may be thinking of my '08 SRX to which I referred in another thread some months ago and, yes, it has seen better days. To each their own and I concur that replacing the part is better than a repair.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts