Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 DTS, 1997 Deville (34,000 miles)
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased the vehicle. I must say, it is in good mechanical shape (33,000 miles). Slight problem, the power drivers seat does not work. I hear something under the seat when I adjust the switch, but it doesnt move. How can on diagnose the problem? Thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,163 Posts
Start by pulling the DTC's. See the DTC sticky at the top of the forum page if you need help. Post the codes and their definitions.

·
Registered
96 ETC 03 DTS, 77,81,83,89,91 Devilles, 79,82,91,92 Brougham
153 Posts
There is almost always a module under drivers seat that failed when this happens. It is black and clips to the seat springs from the bottom and has several wires inside a series of connectors. If your car DOES NOT have the memory seat (1, 2 Set, Exit buttons behind power window switch on drivers door) then you can simply borrow the module from the passenger seat and see if it resolves your issue. If it does, it should be easy to find a replacement on ebay or a salvage yard. 97-99 deville are all the same for either type module. If your car has the memory option you cannot swap modules from LH to RH seat. If you need a module and dont find one on ebay just PM me and I can help. I have tested modules I saved from previous parts cars of either type.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will try tomorrrow. Thanks. I do not have memory seats so il give it a try

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
without movement, when i toggle the switch, i hear clicks from under the drivers seat. does this help with diagnosis?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DevilleDan, I just picked one up from ebay. Drivers seat now works like a charm. Thank you, your advice is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
96 ETC 03 DTS, 77,81,83,89,91 Devilles, 79,82,91,92 Brougham
153 Posts
Thanks for the update. I love hearing that something I have learned either from someone else or by trial and error can be passed on to help another person. I forgot I had one of these in my ebay store and it just sold this morning and was shipped already. It could very well be on its way to you. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts