Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'07 - 3.6l SRX RWD, '16 - 2.5l Subaru Outback, '95 - 4.3l S10 pu
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed the driver's outside mirror has a noticeable vibration that starts around 70 mph. Passenger side is OK. Anyone have similar experience?

·
Registered
07 SRX, 2012 CTS Sport Wagon
207 Posts
My 07 left mirror has had vbration since day one, you can feel that this mirror assembly within its mount is loose as compaired to the right mirror. I'm taking to the dealer for it's first free oil change, I will have them check it at that time.

Tom

·
Registered
'07 - 3.6l SRX RWD, '16 - 2.5l Subaru Outback, '95 - 4.3l S10 pu
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My 07 left mirror has had vbration since day one, you can feel that this mirror assembly within its mount is loose as compaired to the right mirror. I'm taking to the dealer for it's first free oil change, I will have them check it at that time.

Tom
That's what I noticed too. It's not enough of a nuisance to make a special trip but will combine with another dealer visit. Be interested in what the "fix" is.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac SRX
3 Posts
Just picked up an 07 last week and noticed the driver's mirror doing what you described. Kind of odd as the passenger side was steady. Curious what the dealer will do to correct. Other than the small cubby above glove compartment not wanting to open, it was the only flaw I noticed in my 1600 mile drive home after picking up the car.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
Just picked up an 07 with the same issue, just the driver side, passenger is fine as mentioned previously. Anyone had this fixed?

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac SRX
3 Posts
Hello all,
Took my SRX in and after ordering it in, they replaced the entire driver's mirror assembly. It came in color matched as well so no need to paint. Can't see any vibration in the new mirror but time will tell. Hopefully other dealerships will repair in the same fashion.

·
Registered
07 SRX, 2012 CTS Sport Wagon
207 Posts
When I took my 07 in for the timing chain replacement, they also replaced the driver's mirror as well. I think it is a good fix because the the first one vibrated from day one.

Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts