Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 DTS, 1997 Deville (34,000 miles)
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked my car up from valet, and noticed that the clear lens was missing from my drivers headlight. Without first posting on the forum, i decided to buy a used headlight assembly. Has anyone previously posted on this forum about how to replace the entire headlight assembly? Any tips?

·
Registered
2000 DHS
535 Posts
3 10 mm bolts, unplug and reverse to install on an 00 Deville. You also have to remove the top plastic cover over the radiator and headlights. I don't know if 97 is different but it isn't rocket science.

·
Registered
96 ETC 03 DTS, 77,81,83,89,91 Devilles, 79,82,91,92 Brougham
153 Posts
The trick to these are getting off the corner side lens first. Although the long silver bolt going through the top tabs of corner lens look strange, a 1/4 socket and long handle will easily remove it. Once lens is off there are 2 hidden 10mm nuts securing black lamp mounting bracket to fender. Then just a few more 10 bolts, namely one under inside bottom edge of lamp behind the bumper. One large connector you will see makes the wiring easy.

·
Registered
2008 DTS, 1997 Deville (34,000 miles)
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you guys for your imput. how is the allignment after changing out the headlight?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts