Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ATS Luxury AWD 2.0T Red Obsession
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey has anyone else had their door weatherstripping start to peel off by the area near the handle.

My car is a 2014 Luxury and I noticed there is this weird spot where they seemingly taped on part of the weatherstripping and it looks like the tape failed and it is peeling off.

Still under warranty so I am sure I can get them to deal with this but wonder if others have seen this

Thanks

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0t
51 Posts
Yep had the same thing on my 2014 before GM repurchased it for a number of quality issues. I just had the dealer fix it under warranty. My 2015 does not have that issue.

·
Registered
'13 ATS4 2.0T, Gone but will be missed, '13 SRX4 Performance
473 Posts
My '13 was the same way and also a '14 loaner I had. I reglued it with weatherstrip adhesive that I had on hand.

·
Registered
2019 XT4, 2014 ATS 2.0 luxury
194 Posts
If you are talking about that weird piece of weather stripping that sticks out, looks out of place and is the size of your thumb-it was loose on both my 2013 and 2014 ATS. That is one advantage on having two of the same type of car-can compare and contrast issues.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Felton, yes that is the piece, it almost looks like there is/was a piece of tape there that held it on but has since failed. Wonder if for 2015 they have since changed this design? regardless it is the only issue I have had with the car so nothing major but will have the dealer look at it when I take it in for the next service.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup that's it, wonder why they even bother putting that on there in the first place.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD 6MT
637 Posts
my car does this but just put a little pressure on it and it stays in place. and the only time mine comes loose is when I'm drying the inside of the door jam after a wash

1 - 10 of 10 Posts