Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1999 sts
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I couldn't find answer to my question so here it is: I have 1999 Seville sts, driver's door speaker started to buzz after loud music. I want to remove it and replace or check if there is anything else that could be done to fix it. Anyway can I remove just the metal grill that covers the speaker to gain access (if yes - how?) or should I remove the whole door panel?
Thanks for the answer.

·
Registered
2013 ATS Premium 3.6, 1989 Allanté
4,513 Posts
the cleanest safest way IMO would be to remove the whole door panel. if its buzzing it may not be the speaker itself that has gone bad, it may be the amp. is it a bose system?

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS / 2013 Chevrolet Impala
1,889 Posts
On '98-Early '00 Sevilles with the Bose system, the front speakers had a problem with the voice coils becoming misaligned and creating distortion. General Motors got resigned speakers for the cars in May of 2000. So when you replace the speaker make sure you use the redesigned speakers. The part number is 25717924.

I realize that the OP hasn't replied in months, but hopefully that will be helpful to someone in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts