Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
None at the moment
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My drivers door seems to leak, however the location seems weird, between the door cover inside and the door itslf, so the water drips on to the floor panel that has the logo on it.

Its higher than the door seal so cant be that, about the only water can get there is inside the door. Ive pulled the door handle cover off and theres plastic in there. Ive not pulled the panel off as its super cold out. Has anyone else seen this before (i can get pictures).

The drivers door has dropped and i do have the repair for this. It doesnt seem to be effecting any other doors.

·
Registered
None at the moment
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would check the hinges as it sounds like the door is sagging and not allowing it to seal good hence the water leak
I will be getting the hinges done, however i cant see how the water is getting around the door, how could i check if its a sealing issue?

Its worse now than last year (got the truck last Feb) and yes i assume the hinges are worse now.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Car wash is one way

Another easy way is to use a water hose and start from the top of the door and work around it

The hinges can cause this though as it allows the door to be misaligned with the truck body's seals

·
Registered
None at the moment
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car wash is one way

Another easy way is to use a water hose and start from the top of the door and work around it

The hinges can cause this though as it allows the door to be misaligned with the truck body's seals
Door hinges are first thing to do once it warms up, its about -10 to -20oC at the moment (15 to -4oF), will likely pull the door cover off as well to check inside that. However putting my fingers inside the internal door handle cover (pulled that off) it was all dry, even the fluffy insulation, i was expecting that to be damp...

Going to also look for the real minor leak in the pilar somewhere which from internet reading seems to come from the harness out the pillar to the drivers door (remove, heat it up, clean it and re-install normally fixes it, assuming theres no corrosion). This also assumes it not the sunroof gutter, which i dont think mine is, large amounts of water down the windscreen tend to show that leak up slowly, its not huge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts