Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I dont get it. How do these cameras work??? Ive ridden with many cops who have explained to me the complexities of running radar. Thats why all officers are sent to a radar certification school. There can be many mistakes made when using radar to catch speed. There could be large trucks nearby, there could be many other cars nearby, or large road signs. I police rookie cannot just start using radar the first day, they must get trained because there are many factors that go into making it work accuratly. So that leaves the question of how the hell these cameras possibly work?
Ding! That's why they are not legal. Not according to the NHTSA's procedures. And if you go to court to fight the ticket, who is the prosecution's expert witness? Unless those cameras can talk, noone. It's a financial boondoggle that violates every spirit of the law.

·
Registered
1996 DeVille, 1985 Brougham SAGE GREEN!
2,750 Posts
Hey, Rick and Tim....I think you should take that race of yours out on the highway, for some insane, balls to the walls 75+ mph racing!

We'll call it the Waterbed Rally 2007.
Was listening to Possum Kingdom by The Toadies(another one you should download) on my way to work this morning and i was feeling frisky(and i was late) and got the ol' Sage Sled up to about 90mph. I had the A/C off and it got up there with no problem and felt really solid and safe. Sometimes i dont give her enough credit...

·
Registered
300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
8,189 Posts
Not a good idea!

Back in 2000, I was caught doing 149 mph racing a C5 Corvette with my modified Porsche 944 S2. The Vette owner tried to run and was eventually caught. I pulled right over and spent the night in jail and had my car impounded.

After $1,500 in legal fees, $1,200 to the state of Virginia, and having to sell my car... I learned my lesson.

They slapped me with a misdemeanor (racing on the highway) and it will be on my record until 2011. I am still paying high insurance rates to this day...

not to mention when I applied to medical school in 2003, I had to write a essay on why I had a that blemish on my record :tisk: NOT FUN, and not worth it!!!
LOL, Having to sell your car... That's how I bought a Maserati, the judge ordered the guy to sell it "Immediately".

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
So...you HAVE a Maserati? Pics!!!

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
I would never do 140mph in my car (cough)

Where's Whisler ? :D
So basically here's the low down on my thread...i was caught racing what I thought was a corvette...turns out it was a cop. I was going 142 (on my way to 163) but he was only able to put it as "130+" as his car governed out at 130.
I have a phone interview on the 25th of this month with the prosecuting attorney. I am going to ask to be put on probation and will pay the reckless driving ticket. The way I see it, I was lucky to drive away in the V and not be taken to jail...no need to try to weasel out of much more.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/107514-142-mph-75-mph-i-need.html

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
So...you HAVE a Maserati? Pics!!!
Long time ago... This is the only picture that I have in my computer. Maserati 4Porte III Royale. Special order car with lots of go fast stuff including a 5spd stick.

Previous owner got nailed for 145+ on a surface street, judge ordered the sale of the car among other things. This great big pig topped out at 174 according to the highly accurate italian speedo.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
So basically here's the low down on my thread...i was caught racing what I thought was a corvette...turns out it was a cop. I was going 142 (on my way to 163) but he was only able to put it as "130+" as his car governed out at 130.
I have a phone interview on the 25th of this month with the prosecuting attorney. I am going to ask to be put on probation and will pay the reckless driving ticket. The way I see it, I was lucky to drive away in the V and not be taken to jail...no need to try to weasel out of much more.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/107514-142-mph-75-mph-i-need.html
Get a lawyer.

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
Hahaha...I like the luggage rack on the Mas... :)

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
That was a ski rack :thepan: ! It was a sled, seemed like a good idea to take it in the snow. It was a blast on the mountain roads, the great cow cornered like it was on rails.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts