Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver side window is starting to rattle when the window is down. Is there an adjustment I can get to to fix this? It only does it when it is open or down. None of the other windows are doing it.

·
Registered
2004 Ext (sable black) and 1966 chevelle
255 Posts
The silence you're experiencing is in this post because the rattle you're hearing is transmitted up the glass from the place where your glass support chanel connects to the window regulator braket. If I remember corrctly it's pop riveted which means no adjustments. Therefore no relpys.....

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
I Had The Same Problem. But I Fixed It. All You Need To Do Is Take Off The Window And Lock Panel. Look Inside There Should Be 2 Nuts There. Tigh Them. Most Likely They Are Loose. I Did It To Both Of My Doors. It Happens When You Have Your Windows Are Down But Not All The Way And You Open The Door And Slam It To Close It. The Nuts Strart Gettin Loose And Start To Rattle When You Have Yr Window Partailly Or All The Way Down. Hope This Helps. You Do Not Have To Take The Whole Door Panel Off!!!!

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
540 Posts
I like to see the collaboration to get the proper answer. Snide comments and being wrong at the same time really looks stupid...

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,766 Posts
I will add to the confusion.

I had a similar rattle in my 01 Tahoe which developed after it was out of warrantee. So, I removed the driver's door inner door panel and plastic sheathing. There was a metal rod associated, with the door handle, that would rattle against other metal when the window was not up. I simply glued a small piece of foam between the rod and the other metal, problem solved. As long as you are opening the door up, check for this as well. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts