Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Escalade
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went through a car wash today and the guys turned the car off while they dried it. When I got in the car the display read unknown driver(usually states driver1). I then proceeded to try and start it and it would not turn over. I realized my fuel, oil and other indications read nothing. My windows won't roll down. I had AAA tow it to Nucar Chevorlet because it was down the road. They stated security module may be the blame but called me later and said they couldn't find an issue. I know someone must have had this happen at sometime and do you know a reset or fix?
 

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Seville SLS
Joined
·
1,299 Posts
I don't know about Escalade's but i'm sure a mod will move this to the right forum where they can help you out faster.
 

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
Joined
·
11,902 Posts
marilynmoney03 said:
I went through a car wash today and the guys turned the car off while they dried it. When I got in the car the display read unknown driver(usually states driver1). I then proceeded to try and start it and it would not turn over. I realized my fuel, oil and other indications read nothing. My windows won't roll down. I had AAA tow it to Nucar Chevorlet because it was down the road. They stated security module may be the blame but called me later and said they couldn't find an issue. I know someone must have had this happen at sometime and do you know a reset or fix?
Check your battery cables they may be loose if not then the PCM or bcm has went nuts(most likely the bcm) but check the cables first I had this happen to me thanks to a stupid idiot at auto zone (luckily I was at a area where I didn't have to worry about leaving the truck to get a battery tool)
 

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Escalade
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It turned out that the vehicle lost communication with the radio...the GM mechanics advised me to get a new radio installed if it happens again. They said it was coincidental that it happened immediately after a car wash...they said if it happens again unplug the stereo. Unsure what to think of this...
 

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
Joined
·
11,902 Posts
marilynmoney03 said:
It turned out that the vehicle lost communication with the radio...the GM mechanics advised me to get a new radio installed if it happens again. They said it was coincidental that it happened immediately after a car wash...they said if it happens again unplug the stereo. Unsure what to think of this...
Wow that's the first time I have heard this and the odd thing is I had drove my truck with a thrift locked radio one day yet it didn't do like that
I have a cd/cass radio for a good price if you want a backup radio
 

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Escalade
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks lol, I just drive around with a bag of tools now so I can unplug the radio if it happens again. Nav, cd, stereo all work fine. I don't get it..
 

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
Joined
·
11,902 Posts
marilynmoney03 said:
Thanks lol, I just drive around with a bag of tools now so I can unplug the radio if it happens again. Nav, cd, stereo all work fine. I don't get it..
The radio stores info for a few things that has to do with the trucks memory seat also the bcm/PCM and radio have the vin number programmed in them and if one don't work right it makes the rest of the system go nuts(I had this happen with my rear seat DVD player the radio showed the Delphi logo instead of the Cadillac logo which creeped me out I kept the DVD player unplugged till I got the DVD drive replaced)

I don't know if the truck will run with the radio unplugged or not(I haven't tried it) but I do know if the bcm shuts down along with the radio the truck won't start (just cranks)
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top