Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Seville STS
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a copier tech but not an auto technician. However, after getting quotes for water pump replacement and brake job w/caliper replacement, my anger drove me to do these myself...100% success.. Now I'm facing 1 last mountain..Driver side window will go down smoothly 1/2 way and begin making a very loud (gear?) noise and then stops. Only a small amount of help will smoothly lower the window without noise. ANd only a small amount of assistance will bring the window up smoothly..no binding or noise..Is this more likely the motor or regulator? Or a gear? It always stops in the exact same place when the noise begins. I'm surprised such a loud noise stops with such a lite amout of pressure. In my copier world I would be looking for a gear. Is this an entire assembly? With the door panel off, I can put my hand on the motor/regulator and it really doesn't vibrate or shudder. I haven't taken this assembly off yet. Anyone willing to offer input??

·
Registered
1995 Seville STS
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I haven't had any input so i'll try to reword post..1995 seville sts..driver's window goes half way down, makes loud grinding noise and stops. Slight pressure will lower the window smoothly. Same thing raising..Half way, noise, then stops. Slight pull will close smoothly. It always happens at the same position..Should I be looking for a motor or regulator issue ?? thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts