Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Eldorado Touring Coupe
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the problem. The drivers side rear corner of my 94 eldo etc sits about 1" lower then the other corners of the car (actually measured). I found some tube (that at one time was connected to the car) flapping around in that area of the car, near the shock. After some looking around Im pretty sure it was part of the air shock system and pluged it back into a box (where it looked like it came from) near the rear driver side shock. The car then was much more level. Only about 1/3" too low in the same spot (this being earily wens.) However, now later that same night (wens.) the car is VERY uneven again! Im guessing 1" off again. I check to see if the hose was conneced at it was... any replys would be great!

thanks
-jake

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I'd unplug the air ride and make sure the shocks are empty (no air). Then park the car on a "known level" surface, check the air pressure in all tires, and then measure the 4 corners, from a hard body point not a plastic part. Usual devience would be approx 1/4".

·
Registered
Eldorado Touring Coupe
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Katshot said:
I'd unplug the air ride and make sure the shocks are empty (no air). Then park the car on a "known level" surface, check the air pressure in all tires, and then measure the 4 corners, from a hard body point not a plastic part. Usual devience would be approx 1/4".
How do I unplug the air ride for all of the shocks?

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
As far as I know, you can either remove any air hose and the whole system goes down, or you can activate the exhaust circuit by jumping the relay. Probably easier to just pull a hose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts