Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cracked drivers side turn signal to R & R on my 2017 Escalade. I can't figure out how the mirror glass separates from the actuator. I have watched videos that say it is clipped to the actuator with six clips. If I pry any harder I am going to break the glass. Can someone help with the procedure to separate the glass from the actuator?

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,592 Posts
Just pull and pry. Try getting your fingers as close the the center of the glass as possible. I understand it’s tight and you can’t get too far in there.
Don’t worry about breaking the glass. They sell replacement mirror glass at the dealer. Money will fix the problem if you break it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I'm worried a little about breaking the glass. $271 for a replacement. I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
cts-v
1 Posts
I just had to replace my turn signal. After taking the mirror front cap you kind of see how it snaps on. You gotta pull on the glass harder than you think. Be careful once you get it off, there are electrical contacts attached to the glass for defogging and BSM.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did get my turn signal replaced also. I got my fingers in the center and the glass popped off. From there you take the 3 screw s out and the rest of the pieces just unsnap. Thanks for the post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts