Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Deville
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having trouble getting the wheel bearing assembly off of my 1997deville base model, have tried beating it have a hub puller but still having trouble any suggestions

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,250 Posts
Having trouble getting the wheel bearing assembly off of my 1997deville base model, have tried beating it have a hub puller but still having trouble any suggestions
=======================
soak it with the rust penetrating spray of your choice

·
Registered
1985 Sedan DeVille
1,883 Posts
Not sure if you can do something like this with your car, but a trick that is used with jeeps is to put a block between the axle and knuckle then turn the steering wheel, power steering pushes the hub off

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Depends if OP having problems getting off axle or the spindle. Pb blaster still a great option.

·
Registered
1997 Deville
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay thanks much I have been soaking it well but still had trouble will really let it penetrate next rime

·
Registered
1997 Deville
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Goddamn u guys are good lol soaked the shit of it, ended up breaking about 5 pullers and a hub puller, had to bump hub puller bolts up to 1/2 inch bolts but after some seriously sledge hammering the axle finally came out after three days of hell!!!! Thanks much ****ed end of axle up and couldn't re thread it so I hack sawed 3 threads off and voilaaaaaahhhhh got her some thanks for the help agai

1 - 6 of 6 Posts