Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Seville STS
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Cadillac Seville STS and none of controls (windows, window lock, door lock, mirrors, driver memory) on the driver side door work. The Windows on both back door work just fine and the door lock on the passenger side door work however the window on the passenger door dose not work. I bought a replacement module for the driver side door I installed it and nothing I believe that I just need to take it in to get it programmed. However, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or troubleshooting I can do to be sure that it was in fact the module before I take it in and pay to have it programmed only to learn it was something else all along. I have a volt and ohms reader just not sure which wires to test and what to test for.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,273 Posts
I have a 2003 Cadillac Seville STS and none of controls (windows, window lock, door lock, mirrors, driver memory) on the driver side door work. The Windows on both back door work just fine and the door lock on the passenger side door work however the window on the passenger door dose not work. I bought a replacement module for the driver side door I installed it and nothing I believe that I just need to take it in to get it programmed. However, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or troubleshooting I can do to be sure that it was in fact the module before I take it in and pay to have it programmed only to learn it was something else all along. I have a volt and ohms reader just not sure which wires to test and what to test for.
==============================
I believe that I just need to take it in to get it programmed.
there is no programming needed for a DDM -
and unless you got a DDM code -
you probably didn't need a new module either -

first - check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes -
if you don't know how - go here and read the ENTIRE post -

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-deville-1985-2005-including-1985/138257-how-pull-codes-dtcs.html

if you have any codes - post them here -
ALONG WITH THEIR DEFINITIONS -
-------------------------------

then - check the fuses under the back seat -
according to the Owners Manual -
fuse #5 is for the DDM - Driver Door Module -

fuse location starts on page 5-93 -
if you don't have the Owners Manual -
go here for a free download -
http://justgivemethedamnmanual.com/cadillac/2003-cadillac-seville-owners-manual

1 - 2 of 2 Posts