Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe AWD Performance
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The driver side carpet by the foot rest (dead pedal) seems to be warping on my 2011 Coupe. I pulled the sill plate out and tried adjusting it but no luck. It is a pretty thick material. I do not have warranty anymore. I thought about drilling a couple holes on the plate behind it to secure the carpet with screws or zip ties, but I am not sure if there is any wires hidden. If there is anyone that fixed this issue how creative did you get? Some pics would be great.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
I haven't had this problem, but I would probably consider some type of adhesive before breaking out the drill.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,176 Posts
I thought this was a somewhat "common" problem, but usually surfaces early, not 7 years later. Maybe search here and the V forum. Glue might work, but can you tuck it back in place?

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe AWD Performance
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the car used last year. It was warped a little back then, but not enough to make me worry and not buy the car. It seems it has got worse. I don't think glue will work. You really have to push hard on that thick carpet to try to tuck it, but it pulls out seconds later.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
There are a number of excellent and durable glues/adhesives available to choose from. I have used a lot of them over the years and the best, strongest, and most durable glue I've found is Gorilla Glue. I've used it on metal to metal, metal to wood, and ceramics. Everything that has been glued together is still glued together. While I'm not positive about fabric/carpet to metal, gorilla glue would still be my first choice. You would have to somehow clamp the carpet in place or maybe put something heavy against the bonding point while it cures. Check out this (silly) video. :)

http://youtu.be/OXEBES-wNfc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts