Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
None listed
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for this topic, but haven't see anyone else report problems with their driver's side seat rear panel falling off. I first noticed it happening after my wife drives, because she has to move the seat so far forward, but now I find the rear panel dislodged more and more often. No clips are broken, and I can just pop the seat back right back on, but this is really getting annoying. My warranty is expired, and this is the kind of thing that I see a dealer just popping back on and charging for. I'm surprised that this is such a problem for me, but seemingly no one else is experiencing it.

·
Registered
2017.5 CTS Luxury 2.0t
26 Posts
You are not alone. My 2017.5 cts lux driver's seat back finish panel fell of when we got home from purchase. Took 2 additional new panels (4 trips to dealer) to get one to stay on tight like the passenger side. 7 months later it's still on correctly. Moving the seat for different drivers had no effect if ours stayed on or not.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You are not alone. My 2017.5 cts lux driver's seat back finish panel fell of when we got home from purchase. Took 2 additional new panels (4 trips to dealer) to get one to stay on tight like the passenger side. 7 months later it's still on correctly. Moving the seat for different drivers had no effect if ours stayed on or not.

how do you reattach a panel that fell off?

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,471 Posts
Are you guys talking about the headrest cover? Both mine came off. I had to use gorilla glue and hold them on with tape until it cured. Or do you mean the seat back?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Are you guys talking about the headrest cover? Both mine came off. I had to use gorilla glue and hold them on with tape until it cured. Or do you mean the seat back?
funny

the bottom of the headrest cover did in fact fall off of mine. I got that semi-fixed already.

but no, I mean the back of the actual driver seat.

It just fell off and now I can see the inside of the back of the seat. All kinds of cabling and wires in there.

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,471 Posts
Funny you said that because I've had a lot apart in this car doing stereo stuff and behind every panel there is surprises. I like the look of some of it. I took off the rear deck replacing speakers and I love the way that looks without the cover on it. I left that off for now because it looks cool. There are so many boxes, censors and wires back there you would never even think. My car is red so that deck is red and has all that on top of the paint it just looks good that way. Maybe someday I'll put it back but it will stay that way for now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts