Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Devile
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening gentlemen,

I recently traded my 02 Deville for a newer 07 DTS in mint conditions. Everything has been totally perfect. Except it seems like my driver seat has heat coming from it at all times? Do I have some kind of setting screwed up or is this a known issue?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

·
Registered
2002 Devile
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ive been doing some reading and from what I read, the seat heaters turn on when the remote ignitions is turned on but it is supposed to turn off. Mine seems to stay on. Plus I am in Tempe, AZ. 80 degree weather so it shouldn't even be turning on right?

·
Registered
2007 DTS LUX II 75k - Once owned 1998 Deville & 2002 Deville
241 Posts
Both front heated seats only turn on when the cars outside temp in below 40 deg starting the car with the remote started. When you turn the ignition to run
they turn off. When you feel heat are the LED's on the panel on? My seats get really hot when set to high. I thinks we need more info from you to understand whats
really whats going on.

·
Registered
2002 Devile
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply Eddie,

No when the seat is getting warm, the LED's on the door are not on. I even turn them on then off. But heat still comes from under my seat. Not sure what it is, maybe a short? Is there a way to disable only the seat warmers since I do not use them here in AZ.

·
Registered
2007 DTS LUX II 75k - Once owned 1998 Deville & 2002 Deville
241 Posts
First you said the seat was warm and now you say heat is coming from under the seat. The module that controls both seats is under the passenger seat.
If you tilt the front of the seat up and look for a large connector that plugs into the circuit board under the seat. Unplugging this connector will kill all power
to the heated/cool seats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts