Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Forum users,

I have a 2008 Escalade ESV. My front power seat only partially works, the forward/aft and the recline switches are curtailed to a slight movement forward or back then it stops. I wait four seconds and it will move again a 1/4 inch. I did some research on this and only found a couple non Chevy suggestions. I installed a new switch but to no avail. I checked the fuse and it was good as expected, since there is some movement, one suggestion was to check/replace the seat relay and the other was to check/replace the seat circuit breaker. I switched the passenger circuit breaker with the driver CB and no change. I do not know where the seat relay is. Has anyone had a problem like this? Any suggestions?
Anyone know where the seat relay is located?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, JB

·
Registered
736 Posts
Hi Forum users,

I have a 2008 Escalade ESV. My front power seat only partially works, the forward/aft and the recline switches are curtailed to a slight movement forward or back then it stops. I wait four seconds and it will move again a 1/4 inch. I did some research on this and only found a couple non Chevy suggestions. I installed a new switch but to no avail. I checked the fuse and it was good as expected, since there is some movement, one suggestion was to check/replace the seat relay and the other was to check/replace the seat circuit breaker. I switched the passenger circuit breaker with the driver CB and no change. I do not know where the seat relay is. Has anyone had a problem like this? Any suggestions?
Anyone know where the seat relay is located?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, JB
Try greasing the track. If the grease on the track is dried out or there is not enough it will struggle or not work.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. I will add grease. Does not look dried but it can’t hurt. Thanks.

·
Registered
2011 CTS4 Coupe, 2014 ELR, 2018 XT5 AWD
709 Posts
It sounds like it is tripping the breaker. That would indicate a short in the wiring or a bad motor. Listen to the breaker as someone moves the seat to see if you can hear it tripping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts