Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - my daughter just inherited a sweet, well maintained 2006 SRX with just 58K miles from her grandparents.

Of course, her being a 21 year old, she would like to replace the factory stereo with a new double-din touchscreen with Bluetooth etc. My concern is that when she does that she will lose the DIC information that is built in to the factory stereo. Is there anyway to get that information onto a new Pioneer or Kenwood or other brand head unit?

Thanks - Bob

·
Registered
2006 STS4 V6
436 Posts
You will have to relocate the factory HU and wire it to the amp to retain DIC. This is also necessary to retain personal settings.

·
Registered
2006 STS4 V6
436 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac SRX4 3.6
297 Posts
Sorry 'bout that, I screwed up. Didnt realize the component above was the headunit. ?

Wonder if there is any way to wire an 07+ DIC to replace it?

·
Registered
'07 - 3.6l SRX RWD, '16 - 2.5l Subaru Outback, '95 - 4.3l S10 pu
979 Posts
Unless you will become the "banker" suggest your daughter save her money in a maintenance fund. Don't know features of the 06's radio but if it has an audio input, such as a 1/8" jack, she can add a Bluetooth interface to stream music from her phone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The '06 does NOT have the AUX jack in the OEM unit. And to add one is very difficult and uses a 3rd party unit which got very bad reviews for sound quality.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
... Don't know features of the 06's radio but if it has an audio input, such as a 1/8" jack, she can add a Bluetooth interface to stream music from her phone.
The '06 does NOT have the AUX jack in the OEM unit. And to add one is very difficult and uses a 3rd party unit which got very bad reviews for sound quality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts