Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. My first post on this forum and was hoping the experts on here could help me out with my issue. Here's the problem.

I lost control of all windows, mirrors, locks from the driver door panel. The memory function does not work either. All windows (other than the driver's) still operate from the switches on the other doors. The power locks still operate as long as you use another door or the FOB.

I ran the diagnostics and I got the code U1170 under the DDM section which translates to "loss of driver door switch" from what I can gather from the information I've looked through. Does this mean that I need to replace the driver's door control panel, or does it just mean the DIC isn't receiving information from the panel and it still could be something else?

Thanks in advance.

edit:

forgot to mention that this is a 2000 STS

·
Registered
13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)
1,306 Posts
I would pull the panel first to see if all connections are still made. Nobody spilled something on the controls, have they?

Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eldyfig said:
I would pull the panel first to see if all connections are still made. Nobody spilled something on the controls, have they?

Welcome to the forums.
I don't think anyone spilled anything in it. I'll pull it out and check the connections though. thanks.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
It does sound like something might have come unplugged.
The DDS could be bad, or for that module the DDM could be bad too, but I would check to see if everything is connected first.
A failure of the DDS is not common at all. When they go bad it's usually just one switch.

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ewill3rd said:
It does sound like something might have come unplugged.
The DDS could be bad, or for that module the DDM could be bad too, but I would check to see if everything is connected first.
A failure of the DDS is not common at all. When they go bad it's usually just one switch.
Yeah, I see what you mean. I'll check all the connections when I get home from work today and make sure everything is good to go there. Is the DDM an expensive item to replace?

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I checked the connections and everything appears to be OK there. I'm thinking I'll probably take it in to the dealer and get it fixed. This could be something that I'd be chasing all over the place to figure it out. Anyone have any idea what a DDM costs?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
When you checked the connections, did you notice if all the switches were separate or was it one module for the locks and windows and mirror? If they are separate, the problem could be coming from wherever the electrical to the whole door is supplied.

A door lock module for your car is about $75 n gmpartsdirect.

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eldyfig said:
When you checked the connections, did you notice if all the switches were separate or was it one module for the locks and windows and mirror? If they are separate, the problem could be coming from wherever the electrical to the whole door is supplied.

A door lock module for your car is about $75 n gmpartsdirect.
It's all one plug that goes into the bottom of the control panel. Is it possible that if one of the circuits is bad that it would cause nothing to work from the panel?

I don't think it's the lock module because the locks still operate from everywhere but the driver's panel.

I appreciate the information.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i would pull back the rubber sleve that connects the door and the door jamb together and look to see if there is any brokin wires in ther i have had several cars do this to me were a wire or two breakes and screws up all of the funtions in the door and acts like it might be a computer is fried
hope this helps

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Like Jesse said, it must be a loss of feed supplying the whole door. All the switches in the door are apparently ok.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
If the DDM was not powering up you wouldn't get codes on the DIC from that module.
The fact you have a code tells me that it's a problem with the other communication bus from the DDSA to the DDM. (SBI bus) If you are adept at getting the panel off, and have some test equipment I would carefully look at the power and ground circuits for the modules in question.
If the modules are getting what they need they should work, so the one that doesn't is probably the bad one.

The more I think about it, the more I think you might need a DDM.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts