Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
CTS 2003
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea whats wrong with my drivers door. the door shuts ok and isnt ajar when I close it...anytime I go over a bump or switch lanes, the alert comes up on my console screen. Does anyone know if its a censor? or know how to fix it?? It drives me crazy, or does anyone know how to turn off the alert?

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,822 Posts
Sounds like something in the system is coming lose when you change lanes, or go over a bump.

The first place that you should check is the driver's door harness connection. To get to it, pull up on the molding from the door track. Remove the molding from the car, and pull away the carpet. The connection harness should be right there. There might even be two of them, I honestly don't know. I haven't seen it on my CTS yet, just on the Grand Prix and Grand Am. Either way, the are very simple to unplug, there is a little handle on the connection that you pull up and away from where you started. If done good enough, it can push the other plug away from it. I would blow out any particals from the connection and then just put them back together.

If this doesn't help, then it might be the wires inside the door. Or the switch in the door. Which is the actual latch. As a matter of fact, why don't you push the latch closed with the door open. You may need to use a screw driver to get it closed all the way. Once that is closed, put the key in but don't turn it on. Is the idiot bong on and door ajar message or whatever? If not, then bang on the door in the area of the latch to see if the door "opens up". Then bang on the area that the connection that I mentioned above would be if you haven't disconnect that part yet.

KOT

1 - 2 of 2 Posts