Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
XTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the Forum and to Cadillac--I have a 2014 XTS Platinum. My question deals with the automated braking system----particularly the Rear Braking--How do you know if the system is working?--does it only work a speeds greater than 5 mph?
My system doesn't appear to be working but I'm not sure how to test it? any suggestions?

·
Registered
2013 XTS Premium in Silver Coast Metallic
674 Posts
I have that system on my car. I know that as far as the front braking is concerned you will get a red warning flashing on the windshield coming from the HUD before the braking actually starts to take place as I've seen that but have applied the brakes myself before the car does it for me. Don't know how the rear braking works.

·
Registered
2012 CTS coupe - 2014 XTS4 V Platinum
39 Posts
sonny3621 said:
I have that system on my car. I know that as far as the front braking is concerned you will get a red warning flashing on the windshield coming from the HUD before the braking actually starts to take place as I've seen that but have applied the brakes myself before the car does it for me. Don't know how the rear braking works.
It has come on a few times as I back out of my garage. Seems like anything it senses, maybe even exhaust fumes on a very cold day.. It just jams on the brakes and you stop. I want to try as I parallel park and see it in action but I always chicken out.

·
Registered
2013 XTS Platinum
116 Posts
I have a 2013. I would think it should work the same way as the 2014. Rear braking should work at speeds lower than 5 MPH. I have to turn mine off when I back into my garage because I back in and very close to the wall. Sometimes I forget and the brakes are applied and the car stops immediately. Not sure how you can test it. Maybe have a couple of people hold a blanket up or something and try to back into it very slowly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts