Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im having trouble with selecting which memory the car starts in. in the manual it says with the key in the on position to press the tune button to select driver 1 or driver 2 memory adjustments. After selecting which driver you want the every time u start ur car it should adjust to that persons memory options. However i can not bring up that screen and every time i start my car it adjusts to driver 2 and i have to manually press the 1 button to get to my adjusments. Can someone help me fix this so when i start my car it automatically selects driver 1.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
im having trouble with selecting which memory the car starts in. in the manual it says with the key in the on position to press the tune button to select driver 1 or driver 2 memory adjustments. After selecting which driver you want the every time u start ur car it should adjust to that persons memory options. However i can not bring up that screen and every time i start my car it adjusts to driver 2 and i have to manually press the 1 button to get to my adjusments. Can someone help me fix this so when i start my car it automatically selects driver 1.
Your keys fob have a "1" and "2" on the back of them. If you are unlocking the car with the number 2 fob it will use driver 2 settings. Use the fob with the number 1 on the back.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
I didn't want to reply with such an obvious answer for fear that I would look like an idiot if I was wrong.

Welcome to the biggest money-sink-hole for your car that you will find.

·
Registered
2007 CTS
582 Posts
Go into the setup on your DIC. You'll have options on whether to recall the memory with the remote unlock or when you put the key in the ignition as well as the exit options. I have my car set so when I turn off the car and open the door the seat moves to a position to allow me an easier in and out. When I get in to start up the car, as soon as I put my key in the ignition the seat moves to where I want to for driving. The memory setting will apply to drivers seat, side mirrors, and radio.

*edit*
RT is a hottie :bouncy:

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the good info everyone. I only have the #2 key/alarm unit as i bought the car used and that is all was available from the dealer. So if i only have a #2 key how do i change the settings? also how do i get to the dic section?

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,974 Posts
thanks for the good info everyone. I only have the #2 key/alarm unit as i bought the car used and that is all was available from the dealer. So if i only have a #2 key how do i change the settings? also how do i get to the dic section?
Go to www.helminc.com for an owners manual. You'll be needing it for more than this.

·
Registered
Check out my CTS here: http://www.fquick.com/FL01SS
1,651 Posts
When you unlock the car with the #2 fob (keychain) the car will adjust to the #2 driver settings. So, set everything the way you want, and the hold the #2 button on the driver's door until it beeps a few times. Now it will be saved and will go back to those settings every time you unlock the car with your #2 fob or push the #2 button on the door.

This link has all the owners & service manuals for free. Check it out for more detailed instructions, and instructions on changing all the stuff in the DIC...
https://www.mygmlink.com/main/US/en/gm/home

1 - 16 of 16 Posts