Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
09 CTS V
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use drive on ramps to change oil,etc. If so what brand, and any problems with car being too low in front. Thanks, Paul.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I use Rhino ramps (available at most Pep Boys). The ramps are low enough so that the front end does not hit them before starting up the ramps. However, they do not raise the car as much as I would like. Longer ramps with more lift would solve the problem, but then they would be too long for some folks taste. I have not used or even seen Race Ramps. Maybe they solve the problem described above. Conventional ramps lift the car enough, but I had to use stacked and bolted wood strips in front of the ramps to get the car high enough (about two inches) so that the front end would clear before starting up the ramp.

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
I used Rhino ramps on my stock ride height 1999 Z28 Camaro with no problem, you have about 1" of clearence on that car. They give you enough room to change the oil on that car, but that's about it. I'm sure they'd be better on a normal car like a Cadillac, Honda, Impala, etc.

If you have a really low car, try making your own ramps . . . .
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/mwramps/index.htm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts