Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1977 Cadillac Coupe DeVille
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that my head unit has been installed in my coupe...

...I am working on setting up 2 12' subs in the trunk. Ive got the rca cable all set and the last thing i have to do is find a hole in the firewall to run the 4 gauge power cable through to the battery. Are there any stock holes (preferably) on the right side? or am i going to have to drill one. And if i have to drill is there any particular spot i should choose?

Any help is appreaciated, Thanks.

·
Registered
84 Coupe w/500
5,669 Posts
I usually go through on the driver side. I use the steering shaft as a reference when drilling. But I think I got a 4 gauge wire through without drilling. The right side may be harder cause its packed over there.

·
Registered
84 Coupe w/500
5,669 Posts
I've heard of people doing that with 0 gauge but its too expensive to have exposed like that, IMO. I drilled to get my 0 gauge rope through. It actually fit along the side of the car without being exposed but there was already wires and some type of cover that the wires fit into. I dont know about a 77

·
Registered
1977 Cadillac Coupe DeVille
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the only problem is the battery is on the right and I don't have enough wire to go through the driver side firewall. I'd rather not rig it underneath if I don't have to but I still need to find a way through

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.