Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I purchased products from the Dri-Wash line. The Dir-Wash N Gaurd "cleaner/polish" and the "feather scratch" remover.

I was recommended Dri-Wash by someone that owns a fully restored 1969 Dodge Dart, and only uses Dri-Wash. After seeing the demo by the vendor at the show, I thought I would try it out. Spendy stuff, but the cleaner polish was sick!

This stuff cleaned my dark brown 1979 Eldo, that had your standard week worth of road and rain dirt on it to a finish as if I did a full wash, clay and wax.

Has anyone else used this stuff? Can it possibly work as well as I think it did?
No swirls, no dirt, no residue, no machines, no WATER!!!, no soap, little effort. And after, you can't even leave a finger print on the finish.

Am I missing something. I am sure if my car was full on dirty I would wash it with a carwash formula, but for standard washes/waxes, this Dri-Wash is something.

I haven't tried the feather scratch remover, but I have a black car to use that on.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I have some customers that have used it, they said it worked pretty well, but when they washed and or heavy rain many scratches showed up again, they say it seems like it covers them with oils and if the oils are washed away the swirls come back, if you keep using the product it keeps looking good. Let us know how it keep looking. :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is some of my concern with it. There is no way the little effort it took could have removed some of the areas it did for good. However, don't we apply any product over and over again to keep it looking fresh?
Any job/product is going to need something after rain. This is no different than a detailing spray application, but it removes the dirt, and keeps fingerprints and water spots away.

So if I can save the time and effort, it works great. I would say it is great if you can keep up on your car appearance weekly/bi-weekly, but if you are seriously dirty go with a full wash, clay and then perhaps Dri-Wash to get you to a place to continue routine maintanance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts