Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys on a trip we took this weekend. Same symptoms as everyone else, stalls shortly after exiting the freeway after 45 minutes of driving and won't restart for a while. 2 hours in my case. So I am going to be replacing all the parts that seemed to have worked for other people. Just wanted to run my list by you guys to make sure I'm not missing anything.
1) can sensors
2) crank sensor
3) plugs and wires
4) back to back oil changes
5) clean TB

Let me know if I am missing anything.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's an '08 w/102k miles. This issue doesn't seem to be very predictable. There are guys that have had it happen with 46K miles and some with over 140K before they've had issues.

A new air filter was part of the $345 bill. Lol.

Quick question, are both sensors right behind the top of the crank pulley?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Yeah, my truck had this problem at 75,000 miles or so and then didn't give me a single problem.

Is this what you're talking about?

·
Registered
'08 Esky
87 Posts
Ok so the general consensus on this widespread issue is to throw the stated parts at the problem and/or clean other parts and only one of them actually fixes the issue?? LOL! These GM trucks are great!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's what I was thinking. I think what I'm gonna do is heat up the new sensors in the oven to like 210°-220° and ohm them out to get a base line. Then when I pull the old sensors out I'll do the same thing to see if there is a discrepancy. I just can't believe that GM hasn't found a fix for it.

I am a hard core Ford guy and this is the first GM product I have owned and only cause the wife was so stuck on the ESV. I've already got a bad taste in my mouth.

·
Registered
'08 Esky
87 Posts
You're not done yet.At 102k your drivers side motor mount is on its way out and your front shocks are probably leaking.Good luck with changing that motor mount if its 4WD unless you have a lift to lift the motor up and remove steering shaft to get to it.Also if you have condensation in your headlight get ready to buy a new or used headlight anywhere between $400-$900.The ballast is carefully positioned so that water runs directly into the connector.

·
Registered
993 Posts
GM did fix this. 09+ trucks seem to not have this issue at all. And also, the shocks are a normal maintenance item. If you guys think maintaining an Escalade is expensive, God forbid you guys go to a Range Rover or a GL.

·
Registered
'08 Esky
87 Posts
You got it wrong buddy.I love my truck from the peeling clear coat,from the cheap plastic all the way down to the leaking wheels due to chrome flaking off near the bead. I've even put a beauty mark on my hood simply because I closed it wrong.Im keeping this thing for life!lol.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't get me wrong I really do like the truck. The ergos on it are nice, the interior is nice, I love the looks I get when I'm driving it. I towed an early 70's truck 400 miles and was amazed at how well it pulled and how well it kept its speed going up fairly large and steep grades. I just wish gm would have payed a little more attention to reliability.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sooo who here has broken the top off their cam sensor while trying to get it out? Does GM not believe in lubing o rings? This thing is a b*[email protected] now my wife will be without a car till tomorrow.

·
Registered
'08 Esky
87 Posts
I really wish I could help but I havent ran Into this issue yet but having said that If you really want some engine/mechanical help immediately I would not rely solely on this forum for immediate help.For example there's over 300 responses to someones thread about a center console lid.Try another forum with members who have a similar engine. I do most of my own work on my vehicles so Its a lesson learned in the process.It sucks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts