Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's true. Drag racing is the most fun you can have with pants on (watch the video). In Epping, NH, Wednesday and Friday are Street Nights/Test & Tune at New England Dragway. The track is about 2 hours from Woodstock, VT. So I left work at 5pm and headed south on hwy 89, to 93, to 101, exit 8. I was very curious to so see how well my 2015 Cadillac ATS 2.0t AWD would do in the quarter mile. It's been awhile since I've been to the race track (2004!) so I forgot a few things, but it didn't take too long to get it sorted out. And, by the way, drag racing can be stressful at first. But the team at NED is excellent. Professional. Helpful. They make the new guys feel welcome, even when we do idiot things.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha. Sorry I missed that. I went straight for the meat and potatoes. How much does it cost for the track experience?
$25! Gates open at 5pm close at 10pm. Run as many times as you like. There were only 20 cars there so it was easy passes. Great way to tweak your car (mods) and the safest way to trash on it/go fast.

·
Registered
70 Posts
$25! Gates open at 5pm close at 10pm. Run as many times as you like. There were only 20 cars there so it was easy passes. Great way to tweak your car (mods) and the safest way to trash on it/go fast.
Thanks for posting. I have the US 131 about an hour from me. I may eventually make my way out there once I get a few things done.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I raced my previous car (Stage 2 Subaru Legacy GT, stock everything else) at that track, as well as a few slower, previous cars. It's a lot of fun, indeed! I didn't break anything, but that's the only risk you need to be aware of... I was afraid of snapping an axle or something on the LGT, since it's AWD. But, I did take down a few cars... and almost took an F150 Lightning... the LGT just ran out of breath at the 1/8th and the Lightning walked to a finish. Still, my best was like a 13.4...

Again, it's good cheap fun. As someone else said, what time did you get?

In the end, it's not about the time really... and you certainly learn very quickly that there is a skill involved... it's not just about jamming the pedal (well, it was for my manual trans LGT). Never got the ATS there, as I've since moved to CT...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I raced my previous car (Stage 2 Subaru Legacy GT, stock everything else) at that track, as well as a few slower, previous cars. It's a lot of fun, indeed! I didn't break anything, but that's the only risk you need to be aware of... I was afraid of snapping an axle or something on the LGT, since it's AWD. But, I did take down a few cars... and almost took an F150 Lightning... the LGT just ran out of breath at the 1/8th and the Lightning walked to a finish. Still, my best was like a 13.4...

Again, it's good cheap fun. As someone else said, what time did you get?

In the end, it's not about the time really... and you certainly learn very quickly that there is a skill involved... it's not just about jamming the pedal (well, it was for my manual trans LGT). Never got the ATS there, as I've since moved to CT...
My ET is in the video! I made 4 runs.

I grew up turning wrenches and weekend bracket racing. My last race was in 2004 in Milton, FL. Back then my '99 WS6 ran high 11s and I lived alone (lots of disposable cash). But I met my wife when I moved to Vermont (work related move) and got married, had kids.... and my WS6 turned into a minivan. It was great to be back on the track again. But it has been a long time and I felt like a noob. But it didn't take long for it to come back.

For Father's day my wife bought me a New England Dragway Gift Card good for 2 more Street Night events! I'll be going back. Hopefully next time will be with the whole family.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My ET is in the video! I made 4 runs.

I grew up turning wrenches and weekend bracket racing. My last race was in 2004 in Milton, FL. Back then my '99 WS6 ran high 11s and I lived alone (lots of disposable cash). But I met my wife when I moved to Vermont (work related move) and got married, had kids.... and my WS6 turned into a minivan. It was great to be back on the track again. But it has been a long time and I felt like a noob. But it didn't take long for it to come back.

For Father's day my wife bought me a New England Dragway Gift Card good for 2 more Street Night events! I'll be going back. Hopefully next time will be with the whole family.
Two more track events, perfects! For the sake of the community- it woul dbe great if you could do a mod or two and test your times. The do a few more and get the times for those! Im sure you are modding so im kidding.....but seriously though =)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am not a fan of these vlog videos, but I enjoyed this one because I love drag racing.

I go at least once a year on my bike, but I haven't taken a car to the track since the 90s. I want to bring my ATS this summer.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am not a fan of these vlog videos, but I enjoyed this one because I love drag racing.

I go at least once a year on my bike, but I haven't taken a car to the track since the 90s. I want to bring my ATS this summer.
Thanks for your feedback. I want to bring my bike (2015 gsxs750, 100hp, 450lbs) to the track but I am quite worried about launching the thing. I've even researched wheelie bars :) The ATS is a joy at the track. With AWD and sticky General Gmax RS tires, it launches like a rear wheel drive car with slicks. A little more practice and I could have my reaction times competitive. It would make a great bracket car... even in stock form!

Hope you get yours to the track this summer. My best.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts