Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac STS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with the DPM fuse. With the 10A fuse plugged in, and the car shut off with all doors closed i have what sounds like a radio hum or air blowing. This stops with the DPM fuse taken out. I believe this is causing a constant battery drain. Has anyone experienced this? Fix?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,449 Posts
Our cars have a built-in diagnostic code scanner/memory. Maybe the DPM and ancillary functions are monitored for faults. Use the directions in the proper year/model section ("Courtesy of JimD") in the sticky thread - main Seville page - titled "How to pull codes". Write down any found codes and return to the sticky to open the link to definitions of all OBD-II codes. Write down your codes and definitions and post it all here.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac STS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didnt get a chance to go through thise steps, but after taking things apart, found the fan in the drivers side seat constantly running. Not sure as to why this would be happening with the vehicle off, but after just disconnecting the dricers side seat fan, battery drain has been eliminated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts