Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
2 Posts
Good afternoon,

I've been searching the forum but I haven't really found a definite answer to this question. I currently have a 2004 3.6L Premium CTS with HID lights / washers and all. The headlights themselves are in very rough shape after multiple restores it's time for them to go. I really don't feel like hunting down and over paying for HID replacements. My main goal would be to mod the halogen to HID once I get the new headlight assembly.

My question is, is it possible to replace my current HID with washers with standard halogen replacements? I believe the connector is different (that I am almost certain) that being said would I have to custom wire it? What is required in order to do this and would there be any internal issues from the drivers stand point for headlight control inside the car?

Any answers would be appreciated.
Thank you!

----------

Just to clarify: I want to replace the headlight assembly. I do not want to take my HID bulbs out and replace them with halogen ones lol.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,818 Posts
You can install halogen housing into the same spot as the HID housing goes. The connector should be the same. However, the wiring maybe different. I know they are different with HID and different years. My 06 with HID got into a head on crash and the replacement HID housing needed a modification for at wire or two. (I didn't do it, other wise I would know for sure either way.)

When you do this, just be sure to remove the fuse and/or relay for the headlight washer motor. Other wise when you press the windshield washer, those will spray as well. Dumping fluid all over the ground. Wouldn't be a bad idea to plug the hoses up too.

KOT

·
Registered
1 Posts
How did this turn out? I am Contemplating doing the same thing because my projector and ballast are still good while the lense is cracked.

Run into any issues?

Thanks

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6L/5L40E/3.42:1 non-LSD
62 Posts
Consider LED instead of HID, as they run cooler, and will not "age" the plastic as quickly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I'm about to change HID's out with halos too. My HID's look aweful and i found a set of halos that look new for 5 bucks at a garage sale. It appears that the ground wire will need relocated but other than that it's a simple swap. Is it that easy or am i missing something?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue. 05 ctsv with hid with cracked lense. Can I buy the halogen assembly and just change the connector? The hid assembly that I found was around 500, but I hate to replace only one.

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6L/5L40E/3.42:1 non-LSD
62 Posts
Go to a "U Pull `em" junkyard, locate a pair of halogen headlight assemblies; and replace them along with the bulbs with 3006 low-beam & 3005 high-beam LED bulbs. 80 watt 3006's are more expensive than the 50 watt versions. You'll like the LED's better than even the HID's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts