Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS 3.6 Performance Premium - White Diamond
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My left dimming mirror has always had a form of subtle dual imaging of items reflecting in the mirror. In daylight it is hard to notice although you can note that something in not quite right. Once it is dark all the lights reflected in the mirror look like you are experienceing double-vision and the effect varies by the distance from your car. This can throw you off when checking the mirror at night and all the reflected headlights look wrong and multiplied.

Is this "typical" or do I have a defect in the mirror? The rear-view mirror does not have this problem.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have never noticed anything like that in my mirrors... I had a large truck once with tow mirrors and one of them had this affect, it was replaced, meaning the mirror.
Good to know its not just the way these mirrors work.

This is going to be a fun one to explain to the dealer. The effect is only pronounced when the mirror is dimmed and you have a reflection of headlights. Usually these guys are closed at that time of day!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE: The dealer replaced the mirror which fixed the problem. They were a bit skeptical about the issue but I had created a video using a flashlight positioned 20ft behind the car to demonstrate the effect. You could clearly see the light split into 3 lights as you observed the reflection from inside to outside of the mirror surface.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts