Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked off two at once today on my way home from dinner with a classmate. Pulled up to a light behind some riced-out Eclipse. There was an old beater Camaro in front of him at the number 1 spot. Light turned green, they both took off; I wasnt paying attention but floored it a moment later when I saw what they were doing. At the next light they split, one in the far right lane, the other in the far left, and I took the middle. I signaled both of them and the both nodded in approval, so it was on. Turned T/C off, Sport mode on, when the light turned green I floored it. Despite spinning the wheels pretty good on take-off I had a full car-length lead on the Camaro by the far side of the intersection. He pretty much gave up then once he realized he'd just been beat by a Caddy. I was neck and neck with the Eclipse for another 50 ft or so but then he began to fade as well. Stayed on it for another couple of seconds just to establish I truly was the king of the mountain, then let off before speeds got too unreasonable (I was up to 65mph or so in a 45). Eclipse pulled up along side and we both waved, then went our separate ways.

That puts me at 3 for 3 so far. I tried to engage a new Mini and an Audi A6 last night, but neither of them would take the bait. Oh well...

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts
DDS rollin a CTS said:
Picked off two at once today on my way home from dinner with a classmate. Pulled up to a light behind some riced-out Eclipse. There was an old beater Camaro in front of him at the number 1 spot. Light turned green, they both took off; I wasnt paying attention but floored it a moment later when I saw what they were doing. At the next light they split, one in the far right lane, the other in the far left, and I took the middle. I signaled both of them and the both nodded in approval, so it was on. Turned T/C off, Sport mode on, when the light turned green I floored it. Despite spinning the wheels pretty good on take-off I had a full car-length lead on the Camaro by the far side of the intersection. He pretty much gave up then once he realized he'd just been beat by a Caddy. I was neck and neck with the Eclipse for another 50 ft or so but then he began to fade as well. Stayed on it for another couple of seconds just to establish I truly was the king of the mountain, then let off before speeds got too unreasonable (I was up to 65mph or so in a 45). Eclipse pulled up along side and we both waved, then went our separate ways.

That puts me at 3 for 3 so far. I tried to engage a new Mini and an Audi A6 last night, but neither of them would take the bait. Oh well...
Good kills! The Eclipse must have had some work done to it, to be able to keep up that long. Unless you really spun those tires!

The mini should give you a good run off the line, but thats it, you would pull hard top end on those,e ven the S's. You'll have no problems with any A6 besides the new ones. The new A6 3.2 will give you a good long run in fwd form. In quattro form, he'll take you off the line, but you'll pull top end. If it's the new 4.2, you don't stand much of a chance at any point.

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
First Off, I don't condone street races, even stop light ones.:tisk:

Secondly, Nice work, but I much perfer racing within classes, pulling from a BMW, Acura, Lexus or Audi is much more satisfying than an old beat down camaro or ricer boy eclipse :thumbsup:

·
Registered
356 Posts
AznPrydeRegalRyde said:
Good kills! The Eclipse must have had some work done to it, to be able to keep up that long. Unless you really spun those tires!

The mini should give you a good run off the line, but thats it, you would pull hard top end on those,e ven the S's. You'll have no problems with any A6 besides the new ones. The new A6 3.2 will give you a good long run in fwd form. In quattro form, he'll take you off the line, but you'll pull top end. If it's the new 4.2, you don't stand much of a chance at any point.
On the contrary, it depends on the generation of Eclipse. The 2G GSX will run CTS' down all day, and the GS-T's will give you a good fight. But any non-turbo is roadkill.

And Mini's are actually a lot faster than they seem; I picked a full on race with an S awhile back. We were nose-to-nose from 0-90 when the driver missed a gear, otherwise we would have gone until one of us decided it was unsafe.

Good kills though DDS.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts
Krank said:
On the contrary, it depends on the generation of Eclipse. The 2G GSX will run CTS' down all day, and the GS-T's will give you a good fight. But any non-turbo is roadkill.

And Mini's are actually a lot faster than they seem; I picked a full on race with an S awhile back. We were nose-to-nose from 0-90 when the driver missed a gear, otherwise we would have gone until one of us decided it was unsafe.

Good kills though DDS.
Yeah, I assumed because he said old camaro, that it was a new eclipse that was riced out. They'd have to have some serious work done to get close.

Serious? I've only seen one Mini at the track, an S, and I don't remember exact times, but it wasn't close to 14's at all. I can't see them pulling hard top-end, with so little hp.

Solid kills!

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Hey Doc,
The old WWII fighters put "Kills" on there planes. You need to find some stickers for your kills.:p

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
AznPrydeRegalRyde said:
Can you say 'unique engine cover'? :)
I'd like to see Doc put them on the front fender in front off the rub strip. What should it look like??:hmm:
Edit: Maybe little Stealth F117 Fighter stickers?

Attachments

·
Registered
351 Posts
RobertCTS said:
I'd like to see Doc put them on the front fender in front off the rub strip. What should it look like??:hmm:
Edit: Maybe little Stealth F117 Fighter stickers?
In WWII they put little flags on their planes. Little rising sun for the Japanese and the SS thingy for th Germans. I think we should continue the concept... :) little stickers showing the killed car's insignia...

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
nbtesq said:
In WWII they put little flags on their planes. Little rising sun for the Japanese and the SS thingy for th Germans. I think we should continue the concept... :) little stickers showing the killed car's insignia...
Now we need to convince the Doc:p

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh I'm game, just need a source for the stickers! Maybe either go with the cars emblem with a slash through it or a silhouette of the car, upside down. Anyone have pics of a fighter or bomber with these mission badges on it?

:burn:

I think they should go on the bottom of the drivers door or I could get the V radiator cover and put them there. Engine cover wont work since I dont have one. :D

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And for the record, I too do not condone street racing. In fact I was busted for it several years back and that experience did a good job of mellowing out my driving habits for a long time. Then again I've been driving an Explorer during that time with so little power that the only way I could beat anything would be if I dropped it off a cliff. Now that I actually have a car that has some "sportiness" to it and can beat other so-called "sports cars", I'm finding my old habits starting to creep back in... Despite these tendancies, my driving is still a lot more mellow and responsible than it used to be so I guess thats a start...

·
Registered
108 Posts
The Camaro must have been a V6 or else very sick. My 96 z28 will walk all over my own CTS 3.6 all day long. It just doesn't ride and handle as well as the CTS and it gets 15 miles to the gallon on good days.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nah, this was an older camaro than that, and yeah it looked a bit sick. Some redneck dude at the wheel with a mullet and a torn up wifebeater shirt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts