1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I like it. I didn't know 94s came with a NAV system.:D j/k but it looks great. Now pony up the details.

·
Registered
112 Posts
maxtorque02 said:
Does this also double as a GPS system? How much, where, when, who, c'mon,c'mon give more details.........:highfive:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boombottz said:
Does this also double as a GPS system? How much, where, when, who, c'mon,c'mon give more details.........:highfive:
This unit does have the ability to do navigation with an add on unit from Kenwood. The unit itself has a built in radio tuner, DVD player that plays cd, cd-rw, mp3's, wma etc. and the screen is a touch screen with a wireless remote. The DVD player will decode DTS and Dolby Pro Logic for that true in theater sound and also can play TV stations with an optional TV tuner. My son was able to pick this unit up for a bargain of $715.00 and had an installer do the installation on the side as a courtesy from a friend of his. I could have installed the headunit, but my son was in a hurry and also had an alarm system with remote start and all the goodies installed and I'm not that familiar with alarm installs. I think it definitely looks sweet and along with his Boston Pro 6.5 speakers in the front and the 10" Aluminum Eclipse (he's borrowing it from me) powered by a PG 300.2 pumping out 330 watts bridged, this makes for once nice system. Future upgrades include a PG amp for the sub putting out 500+ watts and using the existing PG amp for the front speakers and also upgrading to a single 12" Aluminum Eclipse or Kicker Solobaric or a pair of 10's of the same. This thing gets loud, but also plays very clean. He may eventually get the navigation unit if one comes along cheap enough. :cloud9:

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
Nice system. I'd pick one of those up, but for the price they command even these days it's cheaper for me to build a computer that will handle all the functions of those and then some (TV, DVD, CD, MP3, WMA, GPS Nav, 5.1 audio, games, any program or file on the hard drive, etc.)

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
OMG That is NIIICE.
I want to talk to your son. I've been looking EVERYWHERE for the plug diagrams for the HU wiring harness of my 94. Does he have them? Could he please tell me what each wire is for? PLEASE? :worship: :worship: ....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Krashed989 said:
OMG That is NIIICE.
I want to talk to your son. I've been looking EVERYWHERE for the plug diagrams for the HU wiring harness of my 94. Does he have them? Could he please tell me what each wire is for? PLEASE? :worship: :worship: ....
He didn't do the install and neither did I as he had a pro installer do it on the side. Fom what I can tell, he taped into the power and ground from the deck connector and also tapped into the factory speaker wire for the front speakers. It looks like he ran seperate speaker wire to the back speaker though and also ran RCA's and a remote turn on wire from the deck to the trunk where the PG amp is located. The 8 guage power wire was run from the amp along the driver side railing and through a grommet by the steering wheel and into the engine compartment. He connected the power wire to the stud where the main wire comes intot the fuse box. By removing the large plastic shrouding you will see where the main power comes into. Let me know if I can help you in any other way. :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've been drooling over this unit since I saw the first generation a couple of years ago. In my mind, it's the only way to upgrade the stereo in my '92 ETC. Someday....someday. This is the first install I've seen. It verifies I'm right. Please pass on congratulations to your son. He definitely did the right thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
ETC Guy