Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatwill I need for a double din headunit in an 00-05 deville? can anyone provide links to mounting kits or tell me who would make one for the 00-05 deville?

I have heard that there are operations that the factory head unit operates other than the radio (crutchfield states Warning messages).. Can anyone explain me what else it does and is there a way to get around mounting the factory head unit somewhere for those extra options?

image of a double din head unit in a 02 deville

·
Registered
2003 Deville
8 Posts
Crutchfield is refering to the phone options, onstar, steering controls, the anti-theft, factory amp, and I thinks something else. But I've done alot of research on this issue. There are things made to keep alot of these functions, but they are costly.

Check out these links, they will have what you need.....

http://www.peripheralelectronics.com/prodDetail.asp?strProductID=771&strCategory=OnStar/Data-Bus/CANBus&strSearch=GMAHLAN

http://www.peripheralelectronics.com/prodGrid.asp?category=Steering Wheel Control Interfaces

Its funny that these products are out there, but many sound shops either over charge or will not do this kind of installation. Many say that the tools needed to maintain the cadillac integrity dont exsist.....

http://sounddomain.com/id/orgnlgasta
orgnlgasta

·
Registered
Cadillac
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW thanks!! did you replace your head unit or decide to keep the factory?

also - aware of any Metra kit part numbers that would work for installation? Im currently waiting for a response from the guy that did the install in my original post.

THANKS!!!!!!

·
Registered
Cadillac
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks like a nice head unit.. i might even have to look at it for myself :thumbsup:

metras site is really poorly built :(

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac DTS Deville on Vogues and DTS Blades
605 Posts
axxes also makes interfaces......im going to install an avic d3. and im gonna mod the single din metra kit to fit a double bc they dont make one for 00-05 cadi dev

·
Registered
03 deville dhs,05 cts-v,
53 Posts
I INSTALLED AN ALPINE IVA-w205 DOUBLE DIN IN MY 03 CADDY AND JUST USED AN AXXIS SINGLE DIN KIT AND CUT OUT THE BOTTOM LITTLE COMPARTMENT AND WRAPPED IT IN THE SAME COLOR VINYL AS MY CAR AND LOOKS CLEAN ONLY SPENT ABOUT 30 bucks to make me a double din stereo kit way better than spending 200+ to have car toys make one..... Also for harness used a metra gmos-06 i believe and factory chimes and onstar all work perfectly!!!

·
Registered
2008 DTS Lux III
587 Posts
Can you post pictures? The kind that are linked rather than embedded (my computer takes forever to see an embedded photos). I am very interested in doing this.

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
mrgoodbar did it and then decided he didnt like all the things he lost so he ended up putting the stock nav in with one of my harnesses which allowed for an aux audio and video input for anything you want to be played on the screen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts