Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Escalade
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i installed the dorman magneride loaded struts on the front and the dorman air ride/magneride replacements on the rear with new rear springs/ upper&lower insulators for the rear. All i can say is WOW! The oems i replaced i thought were working fine and to some extent they were but the difference is night and day. i picked it all up through rockauto. ive been waiting for fronts to become available and received the email showing stock again so i went ahead and ordered. They dont show up under my vehicle for some reason when i pull the parts list up. i was able to find them under the parts search page. the ride is fantastic! i chose the dorman because i felt like i could trust that they would be as good as oem since they do make allot of oem products for the various auto manufacturers. i liked the fact that they had front quick struts too so no disassembly required. i dont quite trust all the other odd named and never heard of brands ive been seeing available. i usually prefer the oem. ill attach the order list. now my 2016 82,000 mile ecalade rides like the day it was born. i did the labor and if anyone is doing the rears or an air compressor replacement make sure the rear end is off the ground when starting it and airing it up for the first time. Im not sure why but i read it in the service manual.
Font Line Computer Personal computer Handwriting

·
Registered
2016 Escalade
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
quick update. last night i heard the compressor sounding a bit off so i found the arnott one on amazon for $185. i called summit racing and had them price match, then picked it up and installed it and wow even more improvement. i suppose the air lines and relief valve are able to hold more pressure. its just rides perfect! after i installed it and pressurized the sysytem i could hear it making micro adjustments to which i havent heard before. so when u change all the shocks struts springs you might as well do the compressor too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts