Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear driver side door seems to be stuck... The button on the exterior handle is stuck in the pushed-on position and won't move at all. The interior handle seems to work fine, but won't open the door. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance, Ryan.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Youll need to take off the inside door panel to be able to get anywhere....

There are metal rods used to move around the door opening mechanism... They could either be misadjusted (from use) or one could be broke........ Take off the door panel and tell us what you come up with.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have attempted to remove the door panel, but it seems to be more difficult than i expected. I used the step-by-step process on some car stereo website, but I can't get the sockets for the light out to be able to remove the screws. I also cant seem to get the cigarette lighter assembly out of the armrest... Any other suggestions? Thanks, Ryan.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
What year/model do you have?

·
Registered
40 Posts
i had the same sort of problem on my 92 deville. before i took the latches aprt i soaked them with wd 40. now they work fine. try it.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
The outside ones...... And the striker.....

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yeah I agree with elwesso, something's wrong with your rod. (not a joke) I never thought about soaking that stuff with WD-40. I shall try that so that my locks and stuff will be lubricated cause they have been acting somewhat sluggish lately.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
HollywoodHicks1